Missouri MENTOR’s Day Services support individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, physical disabilities, behavioral challenges and medically complex conditions. Individuals in our programs have opportunities to enjoy fun activities, discover new hobbies and make friends. They’re also able to build skills to become more independent in their home communities.
Our flexible, person-centered services benefit the people we serve in many ways, including improved physical and emotional well-being, increased independence and a greater sense of community connection.
A Personalized Approach
Each participant in Missouri MENTOR’s day services receives an individual service plan unique to their needs, interests and goals. Our dedicated staff work closely with the individual, their family and our public partners to develop the plan. Individuals in our day programs can choose activities that match their interests and goals, including:
- Music and art
- Physical fitness clubs and activities
- Vocational skill building
- Job shadowing and career exploration
We respect the wishes of the individuals we serve and support them in achieving their goals. Whatever the need or interest, participants are actively engaged in planning their activities and determining the level of support they receive. We believe this is the best way to ensure that they achieve the personal growth they desire and have a fulfilling experience with us.
The activities we offer are designed to help build and enhance life skills. Through an array of engaging activities provided both at the program location and in the community, individuals can learn skills such as:
- Independent living
- Social skills
- Vocational skills
As individuals increase their skills or needs change, we adjust their service plan to help them continue to grow and thrive.
Through our personalized approach and with our fully accessible program locations, we are able to serve people with a range of abilities, providing comprehensive support for each individual’s needs and goals.
- Specially Trained Staff: Our direct service professionals are certified in CPR/First Aid and receive comprehensive pre-service training in behavioral supports, crisis prevention, trauma- informed care and person-centered planning.
- Behavioral and Nursing Supports: Behavioral supports are an integral part of each individual’s service plan. RNs and LPNs provide nursing supports as needed.
- Comfortable and Vibrant Settings: Our program locations are inviting and equipped to ensure that each individual has a safe and enriching experience.
- Transportation: We provide transportation to and from our program locations as well as to activities in the community.
To contact the Day Services program nearest you and find out how we can serve an individual in your family or community, please visit our locations page.